Optimising Inventories and Lead Times the Japanese Way
Lean is still one of the most popular process improvement approaches, but few have fully grasped the ideas, concepts and methods. For some years now, I have been offering a popular two-days lean workshop with the following contents:
- Lean vs. other process improvement frameworks (REFA, Six Sigma)
- Lean metrics, types of inventory, types of waste, Muda/Mura/Muri
- The history of Lean and the 2nd revolution of the automotive industry
- The Toyota Production System
- The Just-in-Time philosophy: One-piece flow, Takt, Pull, Kanban, Yamazumi, Tsurube
- The Jidoka philosophy: Andon, the Great Divide, Chaku-Chaku, Cell, Poka-yoke, SMED, EPEx
- Lean prerequisites: Heijunka, standardized work templates, 5S, Kaizen, Gemba, A3
- Lean organizational requirements: Hancho, Kumicho, Shusa, Sensei
- Bringing it all together: Value Stream Mapping and Design applied to two case studies
Duration: 2 days
Location: On your premises in the People’s Republic of China or in countries nearby; upon request also online.
Fees: Please contact me to obtain an individual offer.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail: